9/22/2009

First day of fall

Waffles for breakfast

I
really love the fall. It has always been my favorite time of year and I look forward to the cooler weather and crunchy leaves. Of course, it's still hot outside here in the deep south until about late November and we've had so much rain lately that the leaves won't be crunchy anytime soon. But today is the official first day of fall, so I'm making soup for lunch anyway, even if it is eighty something degrees outside.

There is lots going on around here this week. Projects will be happening and I will try to post pics. Scotty has been working on enclosing our backporch to make us a spacious and much appreciated schoolroom. That project is coming right along, but is currently in rain delay. I'm planning on doing a little sewing for my baby girl who is turning 2 on friday. I will also be making her a giraffe birthday cake and finishing up the plans for her little family party
.

No comments:

Post a Comment