10/02/2009

A scary way to start the day

At 8:00 this morning I was sitting at my desk teaching math to my 5th grader. My 2 year old was in her highchair in the kitchen and my 1st grader was unloading the dishwasher. I could see both of them from where I was sitting. Suddenly, I glimpsed "someone" coming up behind me out of the corner of my eye. I was terrified for a moment because all of the people in our house were in my sight and I knew no one else was here. I didn't want to turn around and was frozen with fear for a split second, then flooded with relief, then overwhelmed with laughter when I realized that a half deflated helium balloon, left over from my baby's birthday party and floating about shoulder high, had drifted in from the parlor and was hovering behind me. WHEW!!! That was a close one :))

1 comment:

  1. I can just see it now! Did you all have a great laugh over the "balloon intruder"?

    ReplyDelete