11/10/2009

Sew many projects, sew little time...

I only have 8 more half rows to go on Micah's quilt. Then all that will be left to finish it is the binding around the edge. I can't believe I am finally going to finish it. My goal is to be done by Thanksgiving. He has waited so long for his quilt. Scotty's Granny turned Eliana's baby blanket over to me to hand quilt for her. She can no longer do it with her shoulder injury. So I vowed to finish what she started to the best of my ability. She did a beautiful job and it is so beautiful now. Hopefully it will turn out okay after I am done with the quilting.

I have a few other sewing projects that are ready and waiting, including a dress for each of my girls and a some really cute stuffed animals. They will be made from a Simplicity pattern that is a replica from one of their vintage patterns from the 1950's. The animals are so cute and it looks like they will be easy to make. I also got a pattern to make a baby doll with clothes for each of my girls. There was a .99 pattern sale at one of my favorite fabric stores so I sort of stocked up on projects for awhile. Sunny will begin learning to sew this year so I got her a simple apron pattern. She is very excited to get busy on that.

When life slows down for us a bit (and the quilts are finished) I will start some of these and post pictures of our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment