2/23/2010

Oh, sugar!

*mysterious detective music plays*
I've known about this for some years now. Although it's serious, it's never been addressed. I didn't want to face the truth. But the time has come to admit and confess....*music climaxes*......I am a sugar addict! There! I said it! (or typed it) The cat is out of the bag.

Now that I have stared the problem right in the face, what am I gonna do about it? I don't know. Yesterday I went cold turkey. It wasn't too bad. I expected the withdrawal symptoms and cravings to hit hard, but they didn't. Maybe they will come today. I hope not. Rumor has it that if a person can make it for 2 weeks without the glorious white crystals then the worst is over. I gotta do it.

Once I found out what sugar does to the body I had to let it go. I have loved it all my life. It's always hard to say goodbye to a dear friend. Even if that friend is killing you slowly.......secretly.......sweetly.......from the inside. Like the most dangerous of evils- deceptively good, yet truly wicked. So, goodbye, my friend and worst enemy. May we part ways gently and NEVER meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment