4/02/2010

My Sunny Girl

Eight years ago today I was in labor with my second child. A repeat c-section was scheduled for April 3rd, but I woke up in the wee hours of the 2nd to labor pains. Sometime during the process I decided to go ahead and skip the c-section and my daughter was born that evening at a whopping 9 lbs. 12.3 oz. She was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen.

One reason she is so special is because we had it in our heads that we would have only boys. My husband is one of 3 boys and we both thought we would have all sons too. I wanted a daughter so badly and she has been more precious than I could have imagined.

She was the easiest baby. She is kind and usually gets along with everyone. The outdoors is her playground and her imagination takes her wherever she wants to go. Although she loves fancy dress-ups, she prefers comfort over style any day and would wear raggedy play clothes all the time if possible. On a daily basis she must be told to wash her dirt-stained hands and brush her hair since these are not priorities in her life. She loves to be silly and make others laugh. If playing a game, she loves to win and absolutely hates to lose. She is loyal, kind hearted, and sensitive to other people's feelings. She loves animals. Usually we can depend on her to do her chores. She is her big brother's perfect side kick and her little sister's second mom. Learning usually does not come fast or easy to her, but she is diligent and tries until she gets it. Rarely does she share what she is thinking and if asked, she has a hard time putting her thoughts into words. She is even tempered- usually in a good mood. She is a heart stealer and has been ever since she was born. The one word that describes her the best is lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment