7/23/2010

Doin it all for my baby!


This has got to be my most healthy pregnancy of all. Just before we found out about this pregnancy I made a giant decision to go off of sugar, my life long friend. At first it wasn't so bad, but some days are much more difficult than others. There have been occasions of falling off the wagon and the hardest part is getting back on. I am not using any sweeteners at all, so the goal is to defeat the addiction to sweets. The sugar cravings are worse some days and the funny thing is that they come out of nowhere. If I ignore them (which I do) and don't indulge the craving (which I don't) then it goes away! The next day, whatever it was I was wanting the day before, doesn't even sound tempting anymore. But then a new craving emerges, raring it's ugly head. So the battle rages on! My fight against the sweetest enemy will continue and I refuse to surrender! Here is a list of a few of the sugary cravings which have come and gone. Some items are totally random.


Reese's peanut butter cups (who can blame me??)

lemon bars

fruit snacks

lime juice bars (with salt)

lemon meringue pie (ok- I did indulge this one :-( but only one time and only one piece)

double fudge cookie co. cookie

banana taffy (???)

bubble gum

Starbucks mocha frapucchino

yogurt with granola

swedish fish gummies (???)

cinnamon toast

peanut butter and jelly sandwich

those mints from Cracker Barrel with the candy shell

and lots of different fruits


Carbohydrates are also off the menu for me. These are a bit easier to resist except for biscuits, pasta, and corn chips. So far, this new way of eating has been paying off as I feel better than I have in years and my baby is healthy and big! My hope is to not have to contend with gestational diabetes or birthing a giant baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment