7/08/2010

I Wanna Hold Your hand

....but when I can't this just might be the next best thing! Any mom with more than one child knows this feeling: you're in a parking lot, gathering the little ones, diaper bag/purse, keys, floppy seat*, or whatever else you need to take in the grocery store with you. With only 2 hands this can be a challenge. It is scary not to be able to hold on to each small child's hand as you cross the parking lot, install the floppy seat*, and finally make it inside. In the past I have designated a pant leg or pocket for each walking child to hold onto. This way I could feel them at my sides as we crossed the lot (or made our way through a crowd). But recently my friend sent me a link to a brilliantly simple way to keep them close and safe during these "I don't have enough hands!!" moments. It is a toddler handle. It only took me about 10 minutes to make and maybe $3 in supplies. This smart yet simple idea is perfect for my cautious two year old who will gladly hang onto her handle- as parking lots and such make her nervous. After I made it and showed it to her she got a big, proud smile on her face because it is something just for her- her own handle! When our new baby arrives it will be an extra hand for mom. I do realize that not every child will oblige, but if it will work for you I highly recommend the toddler handle. It's cheap, it's easy to make, it's fast and simple to slip onto the handle of your bag or stroller, it tucks in when not in use, and it's a great way to keep that little one safe when you can't hold their hand!
Here is the easy tutorial I used
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/06/toddler-bag-handle.html

*I might be a bit of a germophobe, but I swear the Floppy Seat has kept my child from getting sick many times! Plus it makes the cart more comfy for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment