7/27/2010

Kids Cooking

My 8 year old daughter has always shown interest in cooking, so recently I taught her how to brown ground beef. She did very well and enjoyed it, too. Now she is an expert taco salad maker. It is great to have a break from cooking dinner every now and then. She enjoys doing it and really feels proud of herself.

Today my 11 year old son was asking to cook dinner! I took him up on it and taught him how to brown ground beef also. He is currently in the kitchen making spaghetti sauce. It smells really good so far.

I figure I can teach them each a meal or two and they can make their speciality whenever they feel like it- giving me a break from kitchen duty. Hopefully they won't get tired of cooking every once in a while because I'm sure it will be even more awesome after the baby is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment