9/21/2010

Daily Exercise

It is no secret that I do not enjoy exercise. Never have. Ever. But during this pregnancy it has been necessary, so I began by trying to get out and take walks at least once a week. The weather was still cool enough in early spring, but as the heat set in I started jogging on a mini-trampoline for 10 to 15 minutes each day instead. Then, I moved up to jogging on it more than once per day. Gradually, I began to get a little stronger and ended up borrowing my mom's treadmill which I started using 3 times per day for 10-20 minutes at a time. Finally, I was able to walk at a good pace for one mile- three times per day. It felt awful while I was actually doing it, but when I was done I felt great!

However, the more bulbous I get near the end, the more difficult it has become to make my 3 miles per day goal. Some days I even skip walking altogether:-( Recently, I have begun to get some really tight contractions that don't feel right while I'm walking. Slowing down and taking it easier will usually make them go away. But now I feel like i am failing at my goal. Of course, this is not important compared to the health of my baby, but the perfectionist in me is disgruntled about it.

I'm trying to feel good about any amount of exercise that I am able to accomplish in a day. Not only is it really good for me in so many ways physically, but it also makes me feel better mentally. Somehow it cured the lower back pain that was plaguing me early on and it makes me feel more calm and relaxed throughout the day. Exercise really is good! (But, unfortunately, I still don't enjoy it)

No comments:

Post a Comment