12/08/2010

3 weeks




We've had our new baby for 3 weeks now and a new schedule is beginning to take shape. So far, everything has gone well. Asher is a good baby, rarely cries, and only wakes up every 4 to 5 hours in the night. He is starting to stay awake longer during the day, but still sleeps a lot. Sunny and Eliana are his little adoring mommies. They want to hold him all day! Unfortunately, they have had runny noses and have had to "stay out of the baby's face" for most of the past 3 weeks. They still stare lovingly at him from a distance and kiss his feet and the back of his head often. He is loved!

We've been blessed by my mom, sister, and sister-in-law bringing us meals. Mom also has picked up loads of laundry and brought them back to us clean and folded! How awesome! The recovery from my unplanned c-section has been much better than I expected. I have healed faster and had an easier time than I did after my first c-section 11 years ago. I am getting around fine now and have been off pain meds for a week now.

Monday morning we plan to get back to our normal school schedule again. We have all enjoyed this little break, but it will feel good to get back to life as usual.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for your family! He is just beautiful and I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and hold that little thang! I know Elizabeth would squeeze him tight yelling "babeeeeeee" the whole time! I hope we can all see each other come Spring/Summer! Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete