1/04/2011

Life, Recently

It's been nearly a month since my last post and I could blame it on the new baby, except that it's not his fault. I've sat down to blog several times and couldn't get my thoughts together to make it happen. But right now we are having a rare moment of silence. Both little ones are asleep and both big ones are working quietly and diligently to finish their school day. Only now I can't think of anything interesting to blog about so I'll just record some about our life recently.


First, the baby: Asher is an easy little fella to take care of. He doesn't cry much and has very few digestive issues to speak of. He gets hungry every 3 hours during the day and sleeps a 6 hour block at night. His bladder works very well as we go through many, many diapers per day. Lately he has been staying awake more and checking us out. We even get smiled at now and then. At 7 weeks old (which he is today!) he is so big- already outgrowing his 3 month clothes and size 1 diapers! His name means "happy and blessed"....and we are by his presence.

Second, Eliana: This girl has a huge personality in that little body! She keeps us laughing. We were relieved at how much she loves the new baby and hasn't shown any jealousy at all. She has been a pacifier addict all of her life and quitting can be tough. But she is doing a great job of only using it at sleep time. Soon she will move from her crib to her big girl bed and then we will throw her pacifiers away forever. At a recent (huge) family gathering I was pleased to see that she is one of the more mature 3 year olds- being fully potty trained. Then, she proceeded to wet her pants in front of everyone- something that NEVER happens. We had to laugh because that's life.


Next up, Sunny: She is about to embark on an adventure that she has been hoping for and looking forward to and waiting on for 5 whole years!! (And when you are only 8 that is a long time!) Soon she will start gymnastics! Ever since she was 3 years old and took a summer ballet/gymnastics class she has been asking to take "just the gymnastics part". Due to the high cost of this activity we haven't been able to make it happen for her, but recently daddy got some overtime at work to pay for her first 3 months. We took her for a trial class which she loved. So her dream is about to come true. She is a little sporty girl and did awesome at the try out. Sunny is also Asher's second mommy. I don't know what I would do without her help...and best of all she loves helping with him.

Last (but not least), Micah: Mr. Imagination is still a wonderful big brother. We just keep adding siblings and he just keeps loving them and being awesome. He isn't in the baby's face all the time like the girls are, but he occasionally wraps him in a blanket and goes to the rocking chair for some brother bonding. Micah's calm, cool, and collected-ness soothes the baby to sleep every time. He loves rocking his long awaited brother. The latest excitement for him was when we visited a home school co-op in our area. He was in classes all day with other 6th grade homeschoolers. They go once a week for academics and then school at home for the rest of the week, getting their assignments from the teacher's websites. Then, one evening a week they can go for electives. He absolutely loved the co-op and would like to attend regularly. We'll see if it works out for us.


As for the grown ups around here, we are just taking care of business one day at a time. I struggle with staying positive and grateful and he struggles with being WAY too laid back about everything. Some post partum depression got a hold of me for a while there, but the worst is behind us now- I hope. It was awful! But I think I have climbed out of the pit. Last week we even got to go on a little date when my sister offered to keep our older 3 kids for the evening. Asher slept in his baby seat while we shared a burger and a giant piece of cake and chatted and laughed without interruption. It was wonderful! We have so much to be thankful for and try to always remember to bless the One who made us, brought us together, and blesses us in abundance. Even when He takes us through the rough times- it is only to show us what is in our own hearts. Yikes! That has been a scary lesson for me at times. This verse expresses my desire perfectly, however He will be faithful, and it is not always what the flesh might want to hear/do/or go through as He leads. My guts are crying out: Less flesh, more Spirit!

Psalm 139:23-24 "Search me, O Elohim, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

1 comment:

  1. you made me smile tonight amongst the chaos in the other room of my little blessings! So happy everyone is well and learning to adapt with the changes! Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete