6/11/2012

Thrift Love

Since looking at other people's thrift/yard sale finds is really fun (to me, anyway), here are a few of the recent lovelies that I've come across:

First off: This vintage Cozy Coupe for only $3.03! Asher hasn't gotten out of it much since we brought it home. His legs are too short to really move it much, but that seems to be ok with him. He's happy just to sit in it for long periods of time. Daddy plans to trick it out for him with some plastic spray paint and such. It's gonna be sa-weet! 
These 2 milk glass plates caught my eye and the price was right at just 99 cents each! Maybe I'll weave some pretty ribbon through the edges and hang them on the wall.


And finally.....the Queen Mother of all thrift finds........ this last treasure deserves a drum roll, please......seriously.....you won't even believe it......ready??.......



Here it is! Go ahead, feast your eyes on this cotton candy for a minute. I'll wait........
Can you even believe someone would donate such a creation? It is queen sized and 100% hand quilted and in perfect condition. It feels and looks brand new. When I saw this peeking out at me from among the ratty sleeping bags and Golden Girls comforters at our local thrift I just knew it was too good to be true. Then, when the cashier rung it up (for $24.99!!!), she took 50% off!!! Scotty's grandmother, who has been quilting for decades, told him that these Cathedral Window quilts take at least 2 years to finish- and that is if you work on it everyday! I don't know who cast this off to the thrift, but it is now highly respected, by its new owners, for the piece of art that it is. Here's a closer look:
I'm loving all the colors. In all my years of thrifting this has to be in the top 2 amazing finds.


Stay tuned for more thrift goodness that has yet to make it to my memory card, including a highchair and something mod and pink and fantastic!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is a fabulous find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so if the quilt was in the top 2 amazing finds what was the other find??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a tough question, LeighAnn. Scotty says the quilt and the rainbow vacuum (for $5) are the top 2.

    ReplyDelete